Weekend Lucky 15 Horse Racing Tips, Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd March 2020
Here are our latest Lucky 15 picks for biggest races of the weekend. Choose to back to win or each way and cross your fingers for a big payout!
Lucky 15 Betting Tips – Saturday 21st March 2020
- Politesse at 5/4 (1.40 at Thurles)
- Karl Der Grosse at 4/1 (2.10 at Thurles)
- Goulane Jessie at 3/1 (2.40 at Thurles)
- Sizing Pottsie at 9/4 (3.10at Thurles)
Potential winnings from a £1.00 Lucky 15 bet (costing £15.00) is £413.38
Lucky 15 Betting Tips – Sunday 22nd March 2020
- All About Joe (1.40 at Downpatrick)
- The Very Man (2.10 at Downpatrick)
- Hell On Earth (2.40 at Downpatrick)
- Ifyoucatchmenow (3.10 at Downpatrick)
Potential winnings from a £1.00 Lucky 15 bet (costing £15.00) is £tbc
- 888sport Bet £10, Get £40 in Free Bets – New Customers only – £10 minimum deposit using promo code “Football” – First bet must be placed on any market – Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method & withdrawal restrictions apply & Full T&C’s apply.
888sport Bet Through The Card Offer: Bet £10 on the 1st race at a UK or Irish meeting and get a £5 free bet on each of the races that day at the same meeting!
- 6x £5 Free Bets – 7 Race Meetings – Promo Code: RACE888 – New customers only • £10 deposit using promo code • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full Full T&C’s apply which are available to read on the 888sport site. This promotion is only valid for members registering from the United Kingdom.
- 7x £5 Free Bets – BTTC 8 Race Meetings – Promo Code: RACE35 – New customers only • £10 deposit using promo code • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply which are available to read on the 888sport site. This promotion is only valid for members registering from the United Kingdom.
Weekend Lucky 15 Tips
We may have no racing in the UK for the foreseeable future, for reasons which are now all too familiar, but over in Ireland the show does go on. With action available on both Saturday and Sunday – including live TV coverage of Saturday’s Thurles card – it is to the Emerald Isle to which we turn our attention for this weekend’s Lucky 15 selections.
Saturday Lucky 15 Tips – Thurles
Gordon Elliott’s Fakiera and Joseph O’Brien’s Arthurian Flame set a useful standard amongst those to have experienced hurdles in our opener, but we fancy they may have a job on their hands to repel the Lorna Fowler trained Politesse. This daughter of Beat Hollow really caught our eye when finishing better than anything behind Cheltenham Festival contender Darling Daughter two starts backed, and duly delivered on that potential when slamming the opposition in a soft ground bumper at this track last time out. This highly promising sort is taken to post a successful hurdling debut.
Course and distance winner Mary Frances sets the standard on recent form in race two on the card, having scored in good style at Punchestown last time out. This looks tougher though, and the ground may not be quite so soft as she likes it. Take a chance instead on the Willie Mullins runner, Karl De Grosse. An impressive scorer on his Irish debut, he then ruined all chance with jumping errors next time out, before being pulled up early in his latest outing. He has had six weeks to recover from whatever was ailing him that day though, and remains the one runner in this field who may be significantly better than he has been able to show to date. The fact that he seems to be coming in for support ahead of this race is certainly encouraging and he’s fancied to go close.
Competitive handicapping action up next, with the solid Duhallow Paddy, and completely unexposed Johnny Little Legs both making the shortlist. It is however the Seamus Spillane trained Goulane Jessie who gets our vote. Already a winner over 2m7f in heavy ground, and a good second over 3m last time out at Fairyhouse, this mare arrives in form and has no questions to answer on the stamina front – which can’t be said for too many of her rivals here. She’s towards the head of the market for this, but deserves to be and shouldn’t be far away.
2019 Martin Pipe Hurdle runner up Dallas Des Pictons is one of the more interesting entries in the Grade 3 on the card. It wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see the Gordon Elliott runner take this, but he doesn’t always impress with his effort in a finish, and isn’t one we would want on our side should this turn into a battle. Side instead with hat-trick seeking Sizing Pottsie from the yard of Jessica Harrington. Seemingly held in pretty high regard by his expert handler, he has landed his past two starts by a combined 27-lengths and looks a horse firmly on the up. With the ease underfoot also in his favour, he may well prove tough to beat.
Sunday Lucky 15 Tips – Downpatrick
A big field maiden hurdle contest kicks off the Sunday card at Downpatrick, with a number of these arriving on the back of a decent effort last time out. The runner with the most attractive profile to our eyes is the C A Murphy trained All About Joe. Improving with each of his three starts to date, this son of Oscar will undoubtedly stay further than this 2m3f trip, but with the ground riding as it is, that stamina may well be to his advantage. Having taken another step forward when second at Thurles last time out, he won’t need to step up too much on that effort in order to take this.
Having landed four consecutive WKD Hurdles between 2012 and 2015, Gordon Elliott has now sent out the runner up in each of the past four seasons. We fancy Elliott may be the man to follow this year, and whilst Texard could prove dangerous if able to lead, the more solid of the Elliott options would look to be The Very Man. Having often looked in need of a step up to this sort of trip, the Gigginstown runner duly broke his hurdling duck when moved up to this distance last time out at Naas. A strongly run race looks to be just what he needs and, seeming sure to get that here, he is taken to run them down late in the capable hands of Davy Russell.
We will be sticking with Elliott, Russell and Gigginstown House Stud in our next contest, and giving another chance to the son of Germany, Hell On Earth. This one did slightly disappoint when only fifth at Gowran Park last time out, but looked to pay the price for sitting too close to a frenetic early pace that day, and is perhaps better judged on his previous short-head second at Fairyhouse. That was a rock-solid effort in the context of this race, and whilst he is 4lb here, the slight drop in trip and application of first time cheekpieces may be more than enough to offset that.
Elliott also has solid claims in the feature contest of the Ulster National, with five of the current 15 runner field hailing from his yard. Of this quintet the market rates the mount of Rachael Blackmore, Cheb De Kervinou, the most likely winner, and whilst there’s plenty to like about his chance, it is the sole entry of Elliott’s major rival who will be carrying our cash here. The Willie Mullins mare Ifyoucatchmenow has long looked a horse of some talent, but appeared to have lost the plot at the start of the current season. It seems she may simply have been affected by whatever was holding the Mullins yard back around the turn of the year though, and her effort last time out, when landing the Grand National Trial at Punchestown, was much more like it. She does get an 8lb hike for that narrow win, but she was only really put into the race late that day and is fancied to cope, with stamina looking to be her strong suit.
Whether you fancy a punt on our Lucky 15, or any of the selections within it, why not check out all our free bets? We’ve got the best racing free bets around and this is the quickest way to tip the odds your way!