Best Horse Racing Betting Sites: free bets, existing customer bonuses, money back offers, live streaming and more
There are literally hundreds of betting sites out there, but how do you separate the wheat from the chaff (and there is plenty of chaff!)? Well, as discerning racing punters, there are certain things we look out for when choosing the best horse racing betting site:
- Great betting odds
- Wide range of betting markets
- Generous welcome offers
- Even more generous ongoing racing betting offers and bonuses for existing customers
- Other features specific including live streaming, race cards, radio commentary and quick results
Here we’ll go through our pick of the best betting sites for betting on horse racing. Then we’ll go into a bit more detail about the things we hope, nay, expect to find at a decent bookie when placing our racing bets.
Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
Coral – Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets (New Customers)
Coral are an outstanding all-round bookie, but they really come into their own when it comes to horse racing. They have plenty of racing-specific betting offers such as their fallers insurance and their beaten by a head offers. And their very generous 400% matched bet £5, get £20 in free bets offer for new customers is one of the best value around.
Below are some of the things we love about Coral. Note that terms and conditions apply to all offers and promotions, details of which can be found on the Coral betting site. Please gamble responsibly.
- Fallers Insurance – On selected National Hunt races, Coral will offer a refund of losing bets of up to £25 as a free bet if your horse falls, is brought down or unseats its rider.
- Beaten By A Head – During the flat season, Coral offers refunds as a free bet of up to £25 on selected races if your horse is beaten into second place by a head or less.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Any racing bookie worth its salt offers BOG these days. In short, they will pay out at the higher price if you take the early price whether the starting price is longer or shorter.
- Enhanced Each Way Places – For the biggest races Coral often offer enhanced each way terms.
- Live Racing Streaming – Watch all UK and Irish races free, with four camera angles and live commentary!
Welcome offer significant terms: 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes – £50 Free Bet Offer (New Customers)
Ladbrokes are another of the big bookies who really makes an effort when it comes to horse racing. With a fantastic 100% matched free bet of up to £50 when you join, Laddies don’t stop there, offering plenty of racing-specific promotions for existing customers too.
- Racing Weekender – Bet £20 or more in one or more bets at odds of evens or greater on Virtual Horse Racing and Ladbrokes will give you a £5 free bet to use on the weekend’s real live racing action.
- Odds Boosts – One of the best bookies around for odds boosts, Ladbrokes often enhanced the prices of one horse per race through a whole race card – see the Ladbrokes site for the latest details.
- Extra Places – They are also more regular than most when it comes to offering extra places on each way bets, even for relatively small race meetings.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – And of course the bookie will offer Best Odds Guaranteed so you have the peace of mind if you choose to get your bets on early.
Welcome offer significant terms: 18+. New customers only. Promo code ‘F50’ required. Certain deposit methods excluded. Min £/€5 on win or each-way bet excluding Tote or pools = match max £/€50 free bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Bet must be made within 14 days. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Single bets only. Free bet cannot be used on certain markets. T&Cs apply.
What to look for in the best horse racing betting sites
We gave you a brief list of the boxes we need to tick if we want to start placing horse racing bets with a bookie. Here we’ll go into a little more detail.
Horse Racing Betting Odds
If you are planning to make regular – or even semi-regular – bets, whether small stakes or large, it pays to get the best odds. If you place a £10 at odds of 8/1 you get a profit of £80. But if you had got odds of 10/1, you’d have got £100 of profit. Okay, £20 isn’t going to make or break the bank, but if you place that £10 bet every weekend for a year, there’s a difference of more than £1000 in winnings!
As such, it pays to use bookmakers who are renowned for offering competitive odds on horse racing. Or, better still, those who actually commit to offering the top odds!
Horse Racing Betting Markets
While the most popular racing bets to place are simply for a horse to win a race followed by an each way bet, there are a plethora of other racing betting markets available at the top bookies.
As well as forecasts, reverse forecasts, all the usual multiples, such as Lucky 15 bets, Yankees and so on, many bookies also offer a fair bit more. Winnings distance bets are becoming increasingly popular, as are bets that are offered without a particular horse (who is generally the overwhelming favourite).
Of course, if you are happy to stick with the tried and tested racing bets, you could use pretty much any bookie around. If, however, you’re keen to try some different bets, check out what the like of Betfair and Coral have to offer, especially for the biggest races and meetings, such as the Cheltenham Festival. You’ll be able to bet on the top jockey, the top trainer, various head to head bets, and all sorts of others too.
Free Bets and Welcome Bonuses
We list the best racing free bets and bonuses on our site, and though this is important to many punters, in reality these offers are less important than the ongoing offers and indeed the value to be found in the odds offered.
Having said that, it’s nice to get a bit of a bonus from time to time and when you join.
Types of Racing Betting Offers for Existing Customers
One of the most common, yet most welcome, racing betting offers for existing customers of betting sites is Best Odds Guaranteed.
Bookies that offer Best Odds Guaranteed will pay you out on winning racing bets at the higher price if you take an early price but the odds have drifted by the time the race runs. If the odds shorten, they’ll still pay you at the higher price!
Coral usually offer great racing offers for both the flat season and the National Hunt season. In the flat season they offer refunds as a free bet of up to £25 on selected races if your horse is beaten by a head (or less). Whereas in selected jumps races the bookie will refund your bet as a free bet of up to £25 if your horse falls (or is brought down or unseats the rider) 18+, T&Cs Apply.
With various money back offers, odds boosts and racing specials, the bookies we feature on RacingBettingOffers.com certainly pull out all the stops to help racing punters.
Betting Site Features for Horse Racing Punters
Other features specific to horse racing to make our lives easier, such as live streaming, in-race betting, cashing out, race cards, radio commentary and quick results services. All the sites we feature offers some or all of these things – check out the individual racing betting sites for the full details.