Horse Racing Tips – Thursday 20th June 2019
- 2.30 at Ascot – Sunday Sovereign to win at 11/4 with bet365
- 3.05 at Ascot – Headman each way at 9/1 with BetVictor
- 3.40 at Ascot – Frankellia to win at 7/1 with bet365
- 4.20 at Ascot – Stradivarius to win at 11/10 with Coral
NB – odds are best available from our selected racing betting sites and are correct at publication but subject to change
Also check out our full Racing Tips & Previews page for in-depth analysis of the biggest races.
- PADDY POWER – 7/1 STRADIVARIUS TO WIN – New customer offer, max stake £10, winnings paid in cash at the normal odds and are topped up to the enhanced price in free bets. T&Cs apply.
- 888SPORTS ROYAL ASCOT FREE BETS OFFER: New customers only (+18) • £10 deposit using promo code “RACE888” • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method, withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply.
Horse Racing Tips Today – Thursday 20th June 2019 – Royal Ascot Day 3
2.30 at Ascot – Sunday Sovereign at 11/4
It’s never all that easy to pick out the potential winner from the two year olds given the lack of form to examine. But Sunday Sovereign stands out in the opener at Royal Ascot on Thursday. The main reason is that the colt was highly impressive when beating Arizona into second in a field of 17 at the Curragh in May; a result even more astounding given that Arizona won the Coventry Stakes on Tuesday! Get on Sunday Sovereign as soon as you can before the price gets backed in further.
3.05 at Ascot – Headman each way at 9/1
While Aidan O’Brien’s Cape Of Good Hope is the worthy favourite to take the glory in the Hampton Court Stakes, we’ve got our eye on a bit of each way value a little further down the betting. The Roger Charlton-trained Headman won well in a handicap at Newbury last time out in a sizeable field and we think he can repeat the trick here.
3.40 at Ascot – Frankellia to win at 7/1
The Ribblesdale Stakes lets the Oaks generation of fillies take centre. There looks to be a tussle in the making at the top of the betting between Fleeting and Queen Power, but we are plumping for the third favourite, Frankellina.
The William Haggas-trained runner was a creditable sixth in the Oaks at Epsom, less than five length back from the winner, Anapurna. She also came second in the Musidora Stakes at York in May and looks like being right up there at the finish of this one.
4.20 at Ascot – Stradivarius to win at 11/10
And so to the big race of the day, many would say the whole week: the Ascot Gold Cup. There are plenty of possible contenders here in the form of Cross Counter, Dee Ex Bee and Flag Of Honour, but we feel there is only likely to be one winner on the day: Stradivarius.
The John Gosden-trained stayer has won his last six races, including this race last year, the Goodwood Cup and Long Distance Cup. He might have only won his last outing by three quarters of a length (the Yorkshire Cup), but we think he’ll have the beating of the field here.