Duke of York Stakes Tips and Betting Offers, 3:00 at York, 15th May 2019
The flat racing season has really hit its stride now. The big races continue to come with the Duke of York Stakes very much fitting that bill. This Group 2 contest regularly attracts sprinters of the highest class to compete over 6 furlongs on the Knavesmire.
Duke of York Stakes Tips
Odds correct at the time of writing and are subject to change.
- Invincible Army to win at 9/4 with bet365
- Limato each way at 7/1 with BetVictor
Also check out the DANTE STAKES TIPS article for the latest on the big race of the meeting.
Duke of York Stakes Betting Offers
- Check out the BEST RACING FREE BETS from the top bookies!
- REDBET £100 FREE BETS OFFER – Min £10 Deposit. Min odds: 4/5. Bonus bets valid for 7 days. T&C’s Apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org, BONUS CODE: REDBETWELCOME
- PADDY POWER £20 RISK FREE BET – New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy’s Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
- UNIBET £50 RACING OFFER – New UK customers only. 18+, www.BeGambleAware.org. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sportsbook, 25x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further T&Cs apply. Skrill & Neteller deposits excluded.
Invincible Army Ready to Kick on From Cammidge Success
Only 10 of a maximum field of 22 will be competing in the 2019 Duke of York Stakes but there is no reason to be upset by the strength of the field. A number of well known and consistent performers have been declared for a trip to York including Invincible Army, Brando and Limato.
It’s Invincible Army who tops the bookies’ betting markets after making a triumphant return to action at Doncaster at the end of March. James Tate’s four-year-old was very impressive during the first part of last season but after finishing just ninth in the Commonwealth Cup his form tailed off and he wasn’t seen again after beating just one rival in a Group 3 at Newbury in July.
There was a keen sense of intrigue about Invincible Army’s chances at Doncaster but with concerns about how good he would be, he was sent off at 4/1 in the Cammidge Trophy. He emphatically proved that price was one of the best of the season to date with a winning performance that was good as anything we’ve seen from him to date. Connections are hopeful of a big season which may just include a Duke of York Stakes win.
Limato Can Run Well at York Again
Limato is one of three seven-year-olds in the field for the Duke of York Stakes. Each of them has had plenty of success over their careers including Limato who was competing in Group 1s last season and winning at a Group level. The same is true of Brando but at the prices Limato looks the better of option for an each way bet.
Henry Candy’s charge couldn’t close the gap with the front runners in the British Champions Sprint Stakes at the end of last season but that race was at a higher level than the Duke of York Stakes and was run on soft ground. The better ground and drop down in level should mean that Limato is much more competitive on Wednesday and he does have an excellent chance of at least a place.
Everything went to plan for Invincible Army in the Cammidge Trophy. He took full advantage for the lack of a penalty for his Group 3 win last season but you can take nothing away from the quality of that performance. A repeat performance is on the cards and would likely be too good even for sprinters of the experience he’ll face at York so he does look a worthy favourite at 9/4 with bet365.
In such a competitive race, it makes sense to have a couple of options though and in that regard an each way bet on Limato at 7/1 with BetVictor looks a tempting play.